Regulators in Namibia play a crucial role in maintaining order and creating an environment for business growth.
Accountants and auditors play a crucial role in supporting the work of the regulators by helping SMEs file their tax returns on time, assisting with new business registrations, filing reports on suspicious transactions, and submitting financial information to Banks.
SAIBA, in collaboration with QuickBooks and Draftworx engaged with the Namibian regulators to better understand how accountants and auditors can better support the work of the Regulators on 5 April 2019 .
- Koos Du Toit, CEO, ICAN
- Amenege Mwaetako, Chief Taxation Officer, Inland Revenue
- Herold Kenandjamo, Senior Taxation Officer, Inland Revenue
- Selma Ambunda, Acting CEO, BIPA
- Erastus Paulus, Senior Compliance Analyst, FIC
- Fenni Nghikevali, Membership & Training, PAAB
- Zaa Nashandi – Head of Secretariat, PAAB
- Essie Herbst, CEO, NIPA
- Keith Engel, CEO, SAIT
- Nicolaas van Wyk, CEO, SAIBA
SAIBA CEO, Nicolaas van Wyk and CFO, Chantel Booyens welcomed delegates to the event during registration.
Nicolaas officially opened the event and welcomed delegates warmly. He went on to acknowledge our proud sponsors:
SAIBA Chairman, Professor Dovhani Thakathi, also welcomed delegates…
ICAN CEO and President of PAFA , Koos du Toit addressed delegates… He congratulated Nicolaas and SAIBA for their efforts to develop the accounting profession.
Koos highlighted the fact that individuals who are not qualified to do so and who portray themselves as auditors, may be found guilty of a criminal offence.