A lot of things are suddenly much clearer in the dark.
With the mistakes and incompetence at Eskom threatening to plunge us back into the dark ages, we as a country and as a profession need to learn a few lessons fast.
- Good intentions don’t mean a thing. Good actions mean everything.
- Having goals doesn’t mean a thing. Having the right goals, means everything.
- No person or entity will save us. We have to save ourselves by holding ourselves, clients, government and the profession accountable.
Here are SAIBA’s gifts of Christmas for a better 2020.
Let’s stop waiting for others to turn our lives around. Let’s stop talking a good game, let’s start doing good.
Why not use the next few weeks to plan your year? Think about all your problems and how you can make things better in 2020. For example:
- Power generation will be a big thing. Do you have clients or potential clients in that space? What do you need to learn to serve the needs of those clients better?
- Cannabis, Insurance and AI are new business models that need specialist accountants. Find those clients and service them.
- Phone your clients this week and ask them how their business is doing. Stop being a postbox waiting for clients to drop stuff off for filing with SARS.
- Offer your clients monthly retainers of between R500 – R5000 per month and become their outsourced CFO. Take over their complete finance, HR, and procurement function and make them more reliant on you. If you get 10 clients that’s up to R50 000 per month.
- Appoint more staff as you can’t grow with only one employee.
SAIBA can help you do all this. I just met with my MANCO and we completed our 2020 Year Plan. Read more on Accounting Weekly.