Start your accounting practice and gain credibility as an accountant in practice with a BAP (SA) Plus designation. The BAP (SA) Plus'designation demonstrates your achievements and commitment to personal and professional development, and is ideal for accountants who have their own accounting practices.
Gain valuable recognition and the license to practice as an accountant, independent accounting professional or accounting officer.
As a BAP (SA) Plus' you develop your expertise in the following areas:
Accounting and Assurance
BAP (SA) Plus' provide the following services to clients:
- with an added benefit of 10 Hours assistance to help you set up and grow your practice
- Free access to the 2017 Accounting Expo
- Preparing financial statements
- Issuing reports on financial statements
As a tax practitioner registered with the South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT), a business accountant can complete tax returns and provide tax advice to all clients on all complexity levels.
Business accountants improve business performance across industry. BAP (SA)s analyse and interpret the business environment, then apply their specialist skills and industry knowledge to help unlock and implement business opportunities.
As a BAP (SA), your clients can include sole proprietors, partnerships, close corporations, companies, trusts, schools, sectional titles, co-operatives, non-profit organisations and many others.
BAP (SA) is officially recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as a professional designation.
- If you are an accountant in practice
- If you have a Commerce-specific degree or National Diploma with relevant subjects: 3rd year level: accounting; second year level: management accounting, tax, commercial law, auditing (A typical example would be a BCom Accounting or a National Diploma in Cost and Management Accounting)
- If you have four years’ verifiable and relevant experience in accounting and tax
- By registering as a SAIBA Member
- By completing an application form to obtain the designation (do this online or speak to one of our consultants)
- By submitting certified copies of your latest ID, CV and academic transcripts
- By paying the SAIBA membership fee: R360 once off
- By paying the BAP (SA) Plus designation fee: R5 300 per annum
- A BAP (SA) Plus needs to log 40 hours continuing professional development (CPD) per annum
- Accreditation as a professional accountant in practice
- The status to practice as an accountant, independent accounting professional or accounting officer
- A recognised professional licence to practice
- Career recognition and guidance
- Exclusive use of your professional designation and SAIBA’s logo on all your stationery and online communication
- Exclusive use of your professional designation and SAIBA’s logo on all your stationery and online communication (per request)
- Market recognition: The SAIBA brand is promoted in the media and our interaction with representative industry bodies and trade associations automatically awards credibility to its members
- Updates on legislative changes
- Industry representation
- Networking opportunities at SAIBA events
- Personal and professional development seminars and free webinars
- Annual SAIBA magazine, newsletters and access to all SAIBA publications
- Exposure on media sites through exclusive member campaigns
- Discount of 50% off your South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) membership, including all SAIT benefits to the value of R18 500 per year. (This offer is only valid to designation holders that join SAIBA before they join SAIT. Should you join as a SAIT member first, you gain 50% off your SAIBA designation fees.)
- Your Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification exemption. As a BA (SA) designation holder, you will be able to start your CIMA qualification at the operational level objective tests, leaving only 12 exams to qualify for your CIMA qualification
All potential designation holders must register as a SAIBA member. SAIBA designations are only awarded to those members that can demonstrate that they have achieved specified assessment criteria.
Once you click the Join us button, you will be redirected to our payment partner in order to pay your membership registration fee of R360.