Step into your accounting career with a BA (SA) designation. Gain valuable recognition as an accounting professional with this unique designation that will help distinguish you as someone who demonstrates professionalism, ethical conduct and lifelong learning.
The BA (SA) provides access to a network of peers and the ability to share issues, ideas and knowledge in a confidential and innovative environment. This designation is ideal if you are building your career as a financial professional and want to enhance your career.
The BA (SA) will also allow you to progress towards the CBA (SA) and CFO (SA) designations.
BA (SA) is officially recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as a professional designation.
- If you are working in the accounting department. This designation will be relevant to anyone from the financial assistant to junior financial accountant
- If you are a business consultant
- If you are a non-financial manager that need to expand your knowledge and understanding of accounting
- If you have obtained a Commerce-focused degree or diploma, or have Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- If you have two years accounting related experience
- If you have demonstrated that you have met our assessment criteria
- By registering as a SAIBA Member
- By completing an application form to obtain the designation (do this online or speak to one of our consultants)
- By submitting certified copies of your latest ID, CV, academic transcripts
- By paying the SAIBA membership fee: R360 once off
- By paying the BA (SA) designation fee: R1 500 per annum
- A Business Accountant (SA) needs to log 20 hours continuing professional development (CPD) per annum
- Accreditation as a professional accountant
- Your pathway to becoming a CBA (SA) or CFO (SA)
- Career recognition and guidance
- Exclusive use of your professional designation and SAIBA’s logo on all your stationery and online communication (per request)
- Market recognition: The SAIBA brand is promoted in the media and our interaction with representative industry bodies and trade associations automatically awards credibility to our members
- Updates on legislative changes
- Industry representation
- Networking opportunities at SAIBA events
- Personal and professional development seminars and free webinars
- Annual SAIBA magazine, newsletters and access to all SAIBA publications
- Exposure on media sites through exclusive member campaigns
- Discount of 50% off your Southern African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) membership, including all SAIT benefits to the value of R18 500 per year. (This offer is only valid to designation holders that join SAIBA before they join SAIT. Should you join as a SAIT member first, you gain 50% off your SAIBA designation fees.)
- Your Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification exemption. As a BA (SA) designation holder, you will be able to start your CIMA qualification at the operational level objective tests, leaving only 12 exams to qualify for your CIMA qualification
All potential designation holders must register as a SAIBA member. SAIBA designations are only awarded to those members that can demonstrate that they have achieved specified assessment criteria.
Once you click the Join us button, you will be redirected to our payment partner in order to pay your membership registration fee of R360.