"Your SAIBA designation gives you access to the world's leading professional body for accountants"
We signed an MOU with CIMA for mutual membership recognition.
SAIBA and CIMA entered into an MOU to offer SAIBA members access to step into the CIMA learning experience, allowing SAIBA members to become Chartered Management Accountants (CMA). The CMA designation leads to a Certified Public Accountants (CPA) with the AICPA.
CIMA students at various levels of their CIMA studies can apply for an appropriate SAIBA designation.
- CIMA has granted exemptions available to different SAIBA membership levels, based on a holistic review of entry requirements, competency frameworks and CPD.
- Similarly, SAIBA offer CIMA learners support and accreditation, through our designations.
- CIMA levels match perfectly with SAIBA’s exclusive designations.
Exemptions and Development
The MOU provides for various exemptions to enter SAIBA or CIMA membership. In addition the institutes collaborate on providing practice management, business management, and technology courses, as well as specialist licenses to the SAIBA community.
Go to www.saiba.academy to view the various courses.
The exemptions are paired together according to eligibility and levels as follows:
- A CIMA student with completed certificate level exams will automatically qualify for a SAIBA membership, and after two years of work can apply for the SAIBA BA(SA) designation.
- BA(SA) + CIMA Operational Level: BA(SA) designation holders will begin at the operational level objective tests, leaving them with 12 exams requirement to obtain a CIMA qualification.
- A CIMA student with completed operational level will automatically qualify for a BA(SA) designation, after an RPL has been completed.
- CBA(SA) or BAP(SA): CBA(SA) and BAP(SA) members will step into the management level case study, leaving them 8 exams to complete to obtain a CIMA qualification.
- A CIMA student with completed management level will automatically qualify for a CBA(SA) designation, after an RPL has been completed.
- CFO(SA): CFO(SA) members will be entered onto the professional gateway route, CIMA Strategic level, leaving them with 4 exams to complete the exams to obtain a CIMA qualification.
- A CIMA strategic level student, can apply for SAIBA CFO(SA) designation, with added recognition, obtained from this partnership. Designation qualification is dependent on years’ experience and committee interviews.
How to apply
- SAIBA members joining CIMA:
- Approved Training Centre (ATC):
- CIMA students joining SAIBA:
- Click on the block to your right and start your application process. A membership consultant with review your application and apply the relevant exemptions.