Take your accounting or finance career to the next level with a CBA (SA) designation. Gain valuable recognition as a finance professional at managerial level with this unique designation, and add credibility to your skills as a financial manager or senior financial accountant.
The CBA (SA) is recognised in reciprocal agreements and provides access to a network of peers with whom you can share issues, ideas and knowledge in a confidential and innovative environment. This designation is ideal if you are building your career as a financial professional and want to enhance your career. The CBA (SA) also provides the gateway to progress into the CFO (SA) designation, which will give you access to an international career.
CBA (SA) is officially recognised by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) as a professional designation.
- If you are a financial manager or in a management role within the accounting department
- If you have obtained a Commerce degree at honours level or higher, e.g. Honours in Accounting / CTA from an accredited institute of higher learning
- If you have four years accounting related experience
- If you complete an examination by experience, consisting of self-assessment, employer verification and experience evaluation by a committee
- By registering as a SAIBA Member
- By completing an application form to obtain the designation (do this online or speak to one of our consultants)
- By submitting certified copies of your latest ID, CV and academic transcripts
- By paying the SAIBA membership fee: R360 once off
- By paying the CBA (SA) designation fee: R3 300 per annum
- A Certified Business Accountant (SA) needs to log 40 hours continuing professional development (CPD) per annum
- Gain your status as an accounting or financial manager
- Your pathway to becoming a CFO (SA)
- Career recognition and guidance
- Exclusive use of your professional designation and SAIBA’s logo on all your stationery and online communication (per request)
- Market recognition: The SAIBA brand is promoted in the media and our interaction with representative industry bodies and trade associations automatically awards credibility to its members
- Updates on legislative changes
- Industry representation
- Networking opportunities at SAIBA events
- Personal and professional development seminars and free webinars
- Annual SAIBA magazine, newsletters and access to all SAIBA publications
- Exposure on media sites through exclusive member campaigns
- Discount of 50% off your South African Institute of Tax Professionals (SAIT) membership, including all SAIT benefits to the value of R18 500 per year. (This offer is only valid to designation holders that join SAIBA before they join SAIT. Should you join as a SAIT member first, you gain 50% off your SAIBA designation fees.)
- Your Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification exemption. As a BA (SA) designation holder, you will be able to start your CIMA qualification at the operational level objective tests, leaving only 12 exams to qualify for your CIMA qualification
- Exclusive invitations to the CFOTalks events
All potential designation holders must register as a SAIBA member. SAIBA designations are only awarded to those members that can demonstrate that they have achieved specified assessment criteria.
Once you click the Join us button, you will be redirected to our payment partner in order to pay your membership / registration fee of R360.